YOU AGREE THAT BY USING THE SITE, ANY APPLICATIONS, AND THE SERVICES YOU ARE AT LEAST 18 YEARS OF AGE AND YOU ARE LEGALLY ABLE TO ENTER INTO A CONTRACT.
These Terms require the use of arbitration on an individual basis to resolve disputes, rather than jury trials or class actions, and also limit the remedies available to you in the event of a dispute.
Trident is not a law firm and may not perform services performed by an attorney. Trident, its Services, and its forms or templates are not a substitute for the advice or services of an attorney.
Trident strives to provide a competent, properly vetted network of attorney to assist you with your particular legal need. However, and notwithstanding any legal information contained on the Site and Applications, same is not legal advice and is not guaranteed to be correct, complete or up-to-date, as Trident cannot provide legal advice. Accordingly, only a duly licensed attorney in your particular jurisdiction may provide proper legal counsel and advice.
From time to time, Trident may provide certain attorney access services and introduce our visitors to attorneys through various methods, including but not limited to (i) legal plans, (ii) third party attorney directory listings, and (iii) third party limited scope agreements. At no time is an attorney-client relationship fostered or created with Trident through the performance of any such services.
This Site and Applications are not intended to create any attorney-client relationship, and your use of Trident does not and will not create an attorney-client relationship between you and Trident.
When you open an account to use or access certain portions of the Site, Applications, or the Services, you must provide complete and accurate information as requested on the registration form. You will also be asked to provide a user name and password. You are entirely responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password. You may not use a third party's account, user name or password at any time. You agree to notify Trident immediately of any unauthorized use of your account, user name or password. Trident shall not be liable for any losses you incur as a result of someone else's use of your account or password, either with or without your knowledge. You may be held liable for any losses incurred by Trident, our affiliates, officers, directors, employees, consultants, agents and representatives due to someone else's use of your account or password.
2. Ownership. This Site and Applications are owned and operated by Trident Legal Services, LLC. All right, title and interest in and to the materials provided on this Site and Applications, including but not limited to information, documents, logos, graphics, sounds and images (the "Materials") are owned either by Trident or by our respective third party authors, developers or vendors ("Third Party Providers"). Except as otherwise expressly provided by Trident, none of the Materials may be copied, reproduced, republished, downloaded, uploaded, posted, displayed, transmitted or distributed in any way and nothing on this Site or on any Applications shall be construed to confer any license under any of Trident's intellectual property rights, whether by estoppel, implication or otherwise. See the "Legal Contact Information" below if you have any questions about obtaining such licenses. Trident does not sell, license, lease or otherwise provide any of the Materials other than those specifically identified as being provided by Trident. Any rights not expressly granted herein are reserved by Trident.
4. Links to Third Party Sites. This Site and Applications may contain links to websites controlled by parties other than Trident (each a "Third Party Site"). Trident works with a number of partners and affiliates whose sites are linked with Trident. Trident may also provide links to other citations or resources with whom it is not affiliated. Trident is not responsible for and does not endorse or accept any responsibility for the availability, contents, products, services or use of any Third Party Site, any website accessed from a Third Party Site or any changes or updates to such sites. Trident makes no guarantees about the content or quality of the products or services provided by such sites. Trident is not responsible for webcasting or any other form of transmission received from any Third Party Site. Trident is providing these links to you only as a convenience, and the inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by Trident of the Third Party Site, nor does it imply that Trident sponsors, is affiliated or associated with, guarantees, or is legally authorized to use any trade name, registered trademark, logo, legal or official seal, or copyrighted symbol that may be reflected in the links. You acknowledge that you bear all risks associated with access to and use of content provided on a Third Party Site and agree that Trident is not responsible for any loss or damage of any sort you may incur from dealing with a third party. You should contact the site administrator for the applicable Third Party Site if you have any concerns regarding such links or the content located on any such Third Party Site.
7. Rights and Responsibilities of Trident.
Trident is not the publisher or author of the User Content. Trident takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any content posted by you or any third party.
Although we cannot make an absolute guarantee of system security, Trident takes reasonable steps to maintain security. If you have reason to believe system security has been breached, contact us by email for help.
If Trident 's technical staff finds that files or processes belonging to a member pose a threat to the proper technical operation of the system or to the security of other members, Trident reserves the right to delete those files or to stop those processes. If the Trident technical staff suspects a user name is being used by someone who is not authorized by the proper user, Trident may temporarily disable that user's access in order to preserve system security. In all such cases, Trident will contact the member as soon as feasible.
Trident has the right (but not the obligation), in our sole and absolute discretion, to edit, redact, remove, re-categorize to a more appropriate location or otherwise change any User Content.
8. Rights and Responsibilities of Trident Users or Other Posters of User Content.
You are legally and ethically responsible for any User Content - writings, files, pictures or any other work - that you post or transmit using any Trident service that allows interaction or dissemination of information. In posting User Content, you agree that you will not submit any content:
- that is known by you to be false, inaccurate or misleading;
- that infringes anyone’s copyright, patent, trademark, trade secret or other proprietary rights or rights of publicity or privacy. Please see Compliance with Intellectual Property Laws below;
- that violates any law, statute, ordinance, or regulation (including, but not limited to, those governing export control, consumer protection, unfair competition, antidiscrimination, or false advertising). Please see Compliance with Export Restrictions below;
- that is, or may reasonably be considered to be, defamatory, libelous, hateful, racially or religiously biased or offensive, unlawfully threatening or unlawfully harassing, or advocates or encourages illegal conduct harmful to any individual, partnership or corporation. Please see Inappropriate Content below;
- that includes advertisements, spam, or content for which you were compensated or granted any consideration by any third party;
- that includes information that references other websites, addresses, email addresses, phone numbers, or other contact information;
- that contains any computer virus, worms, or other potentially damaging computer programs or files;
Attorneys that submit User Content and provide advice do so at their own risk.
Under United States federal law, you retain copyright on all works you create and post as User Content, unless you choose specifically to renounce it. In posting a work as User Content, you authorize other members who have access to that service to make personal and customary use of the work, including creating links or reposting, but not otherwise to reproduce or disseminate it unless you give permission for such dissemination.
You grant Trident a perpetual, irrevocable, royalty-free, transferable right and license to use, copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, sell, distribute, and/or incorporate such content into any form, medium, or technology throughout the world without compensation to you. You have the right to remove any of your works from User Content at any time
You are not required to provide your real name when signing up as a user of Trident. Trident permits anonymous or pseudonymous accounts. Any user may request that such member's email address be hidden to provide for additional privacy.
Ratings and reviews will generally be posted in two to four business days.
By submitting your email address in connection with your rating and review, you agree that Trident may use your email address to contact you about the status of your review and other administrative purposes.
9. No Warranty. The site, applications, and all materials, documents or forms provided on or through your use of the site or applications are provided on an "as is" and "as available" basis. To the fullest extent permitted by law, trident expressly disclaims all warranties of any kind, whether express or implied, including but not limited to implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, title and non-infringement.
Trident makes no warranty that: (a) the site, applications, or the materials will meet your requirements; (b) the site, applications, or the materials will be available on an uninterrupted, timely, secure or error-free basis; (c) the results that may be obtained from the use of the site, applications, or any materials offered through the site or applications, will be accurate or reliable; or (d) the quality of any products, services, information or other material purchased or obtained by you through the site, applications, or in reliance on the materials will meet your expectations.
Obtaining any materials through the use of the site or applications is done at your own discretion and at your own risk. Trident shall have no responsibility for any damage to your computer system or loss of data that results from the download of any content, materials, information or software.
10. Limitation of Liability And Indemnification. Except as prohibited by law, you will hold trident and its officers, directors, employees, and agents harmless for any indirect, punitive, special, incidental, or consequential damage, however it arises (including attorneys' fees and all related costs and expenses of litigation and arbitration, or at trial or on appeal, if any, whether or not litigation or arbitration is instituted), whether in an action of contract, negligence, or other tortious action, or arising out of or in connection with this agreement, including without limitation any claim for personal injury or property damage, arising from this agreement and any violation by you of any federal, state, or local laws, statutes, rules, or regulations, even if trident has been previously advised of the possibility of such damage. Except as prohibited by law, if there is liability found on the part of trident, it will be limited to the amount paid for the products and/or services, and under no circumstances will there be consequential or punitive damages. Some states do not allow the exclusion or limitation of punitive, incidental or consequential damages, so the prior limitation or exclusion may not apply to you. This paragraph does not apply to North Carolina consumers.
11. Unsolicited Submissions. Except as may be required in connection with your use of Trident Services, Trident does not want you to submit confidential or proprietary information to us through this Site or any Applications. All comments, feedback, information or material submitted to Trident through or in association with this Site shall be considered non-confidential and Trident property. By providing such submissions to Trident you hereby assign to Trident, at no charge, all worldwide right, title and interest in and to the submissions and any intellectual property rights associated therewith. Trident shall be free to use and/or disseminate such submissions on an unrestricted basis for any purpose. You acknowledge that you are responsible for the submissions that you provide, including their legality, reliability, appropriateness, originality and content.
13. Compliance with Export Restrictions. You may not access, download, use or export the Site, Applications, or the Materials in violation of United States export laws or regulations or in violation of any other applicable laws or regulations. You agree to comply with all export laws and restrictions and regulations of any United States or foreign agency or authority and to assume sole responsibility for obtaining licenses to export or re-export as may be required. You acknowledge and agree that the Materials are subject to the United States Export Administration Laws and Regulations and agree that none of the Materials or any direct product therefrom is being or will be acquired for, shipped, transferred or re-exported, directly or indirectly, to proscribed or embargoed countries or their nationals or used for any prohibited purpose.
14. Personal Use. The site is made available for your personal use on your own behalf.
15. Children. Minors are not eligible to use the Site or Applications and we ask that they do not submit any personal information to us.
16. Customers Needing Extra Assistance. Trident aims to provide full access to its website and product offerings regardless of disability. If you are unable to read any part of the Trident website, or otherwise have difficulties using the Trident website, please call (407) 955-4865 and our customer care team will assist you.
17. Governing Law; Venue. Any legal action or proceeding relating to your access to or use of the Site, an Application, or Materials is governed by the laws of the State of Florida.
18. Copyrights. All Site design, text, graphics, the selection and arrangement thereof, Copyright ©, Trident Legal Services, LLC. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.
19. Trademarks. Trident, the "Trident" logo, all images and text, and all page headers, custom graphics and button icons are service marks, trademarks and/or trade dress of Trident. All other trademarks, product names and company names or logos cited herein are the property of their respective owners.
20. Attorney Access Services; Use of Term "Experience." The term "experience" or "experienced," as used on the Site, Applications, and in other communications in reference to third party attorneys participating in Trident's legal plans or other attorney access services means that the legal plan primary handling partner of each law firm fulfills the following: (a) possesses a minimum of five years' experience practicing law, (b) maintains errors and omissions insurance policies consistent with industry standards, (c) is in good standing with the state bar in each jurisdiction in which the attorney is licensed to practice, (d) has no pending malpractice lawsuit, as of the date of joining one of Trident's legal plans, and (e) has no public record of discipline by a state bar within the last five years. The term "experience" or "experienced" is not intended to be a comparison to any other attorney's services or qualifications.
21. Use of Testimonials and Media Endorsements. The media hosts on the Site endorse Trident as paid spokespeople in our advertising campaigns.
22. Inquiries. By using trident's services or accessing the trident site or applications, you acknowledge and accept that submitting your telephone number to trident via the trident site or applications constitutes an inquiry to trident, and that trident may contact you at the number submitted even if such number appears on any state or federal do not call lists (taking into account inquiry exception time frames as appropriate).
23. Right to Refuse. You acknowledge that Trident reserves the right to refuse service to anyone and to cancel user access at any time.